Provision of Information
- Under the self-assessment regime there are a number of key dates by which returns and payments must be made. Failure to meet the deadlines may result in automatic penalties, surcharges and/or interest.
- You are responsible for making correct returns and for payment of tax on time.
- To enable us to carry out our work you agree:
1. to make a full disclosure to us of all sources of income, charges, allowances and capital transactions and to provide full information as necessary for dealing with your affairs; we will rely on the information and documents being true, correct and complete;
2. to respond quickly and fully to our requests for information and to other communications from us;
3. that we can approach such third parties as may be appropriate for information that we consider necessary to deal with your affairs;
4. to provide us with information in sufficient time for your tax return to be completed and submitted by 31st January following the end of the tax year. In order to meet this date you agree to provide us with all the relevant information as soon as practical after the end of each tax year.
5. to forward to us on receipt copies of all HMRC statements of account, PAYE coding notices, notices of assessment, letters and other communications received from the HMRC to enable us to deal with them as may be necessary within the statutory time limits;
6. to keep us informed about any significant changes in your circumstances if they are likely to affect your tax position.
- We will provide our professional services outlined in this letter with reasonable care and skill. However, we will not be responsible for any losses, penalties, surcharges, interest or additional tax liabilities arising from the supply by you or others of incorrect or incomplete information, or your or others failure to supply any appropriate information or your failure to act on our advice or respond promptly to communications from us or the tax authorities.
- If HMRC raise enquiries relating to your personal tax return, we will discuss the position with you and agree with you the basis on which we will deal with such enquiries on your behalf.
- We will prepare your tax return in future years under the same conditions as above.
- We will prepare your personal tax return and all supporting schedules as necessary. You will be responsible for letting us have all the information needed to prepare this form.
- We will forward to you the tax return form and supporting schedules for review and signature. Once you have checked, approved and signed the return, we shall submit it to the HMRC. You authorise us to file the return electronically.
- We will tell you how much tax and national insurance contributions you should pay and when. If appropriate we will initiate repayment claims when tax and national insurance contributions have been overpaid.
- We will deal with the HMRC regarding any amendments required to your return and prepare any amended returns that may be required.
- We will advise as to possible claims and elections arising from the tax return and from information supplied by you. Where instructed by you, we will make such claims and elections in the form and manner required by the HMRC.
- We will deal with all communications relating to your return addressed to us by the HMRC or passed to us by you. However, if the HMRC choose your return for enquiry this work may need to be the subject of a separate assignment in which case we will seek further instructions from you.